Oratory of Santa Maria Prima

Oratory of Santa Maria Prima

Oratory of Santa Maria Prima In 1824 the noble Pagliari family, lords of Commessa, commissioned the architect Giuseppe Cantoni to build a family oratory. They decided to have it built on the grounds of an estate they owned outside the town, not far from the place...
Pontoon bridge

Pontoon bridge

Pontoon bridge The current barge bridge dates back to 1976, the year in which the previous bridge built by Vespasiano Gonzaga was demolished because it was considered unsafe. The new structure was erected in a few months, bringing the boats from the Province. The...
Torrazzo Gonzaghesco

Torrazzo Gonzaghesco

Torrazzo Gonzaghesco The massive Gonzaga Tower (Torrazzo Gonzaghesco), a symbol of local history, was built in 1582-83 at the behest of Vespasiano Gonzaga, Duke of Sabbioneta. It is the sign of the absolute dominion of the Gonzaga family over Commessaggio. The...
Town hall

Town hall

Town hall The construction of the town hall probably dates back to the time of the Gonzaga family, as well as the bell of the Belfry located on the turret, which is the only one left of the many bells cast at the behest of Vespasiano Gonzaga that did not underwent...
Church of Saint Albin

Church of Saint Albin

Church of Saint Albin The Church of St. Albinus is a neoclassical building dedicated to the local patron saint. It was inaugurated on 2nd May 1813, although it had not yet been completed. The construction work began in May 1804. From 1807 to the beginning of 1811 the...